The His and Her's of the Birth Story
![]() |
| My mom was our photographer and took tons of blurry pictures for us. :) |
| Not sure what family member took this one with Dusty's head chopped off-oops! |
The Daddy Version
Me and mommy walked into the hospital at 11PM and started to get checked in. They gave mommy a comfy bed and a sleeping pill so that she could get a little rest for the big day ahead. Daddy was given a prison chair that reclined to an uncomfortable position about 10 degrees more upright than would've sufficed. Around 3 AM they came in to start the medicine that would put mommy into labor and daddy took this opportunity to trade in the chair from hell for a army cot. After a few more hours of off and on sleeping it was 7 am and time to get up and around for the festivities of the day. Around 9:30 a wild anatheseologist appeared and cast Epidural. It wasn't very effective. So Mommy used rage and it was super effective. (You will learn this Pokemon reference later on in life.) After mommy finally got comfortable the doctor came in and said that it was time to start pushing you out. You held on for around an hour before you decided to grace us with your presence. We were now proud parents of a beautiful........thing out of the Aliens movies? Well the nurses got you cleaned up and someone must have been slicing onions nearby because Daddy's eyes kept watering uncontrollably. I wheeled you down to the nurses station to get cleaned up but had to make a pit stop to show you off to the small mob of people who had accumulated for the big day. After your big meet and greet we went in for your first bath and you were a mad boy who was now nice and clean. Mommy got all stitched up and I took you back into the room so she could hold you . I have never seen her so happy as long as I've known her. We spent another night in the hospital and got ready to come home the next day and start our new life with you. I'm so proud to be able to say I'm your daddy and hope to have a fantastic time getting to know one another.![]() |
| Another Gigi special! |
The Mommy Version
We were both nervous as we walked into the hospital. We got checked in and set up in a room. We tried to get some sleep before we started the medicine. At 3 AM, I had to use the restroom and it was time for pitocin! The contractions started to get worse so I asked for an epidural around 9:30 AM. It let me rest for about an hour but I started to feel the contractions again on my right side. I asked for them to look at my epidural and they checked me. I was only at a 5. They added some medicine to the IV but that still did not help. They came back and did a spinal for me. I got some sleep again but woke up feeling contractions again. Megan, the nurse, checked me and I was at a 9! It was nearly time! Megan told me to let her know if it felt like I needed to push. Everyone got ready for Gunner's big entrance into the world! Dusty got Mom so she could be there for delivery. Mom told Megan that I was feeling pressure to push. Dusty, Mom, Dr. Stewart, Megan, and several student nurses were in the room as I started to push. I asked Stewart after nearly every push how many more pushes. He told me 37! I did not keep count but after over an hour of pushing, I was getting so close. The pressure changed and they called in a nurse from the nursery. I figured we were getting close finally and then…



I have been stalking your blog :) I love all these birthday/baby stories! And the last picture of you three is just gorgeous...
ReplyDeleteThank you Amber! Only a mother would not find the birthday explosion annoying!!
Delete