Our Monster turns ONE!

We are coming to the bottom of the "first" list. First smile, first blow out, first steps, and now first birthday party. I have planned this event for months. Like 6 of them.. so half of his life. When I first started, it seemed so far away and then suddenly the party was over.




Gunner got white cupcakes and Dusty got a red velvet cheesecake.
Here is a recap of our day. It was overwhelming to have over 70 people come to show their love for our Gunner. I know many could not come for various reasons but to the 70 who did, thank you! You are our people and we love you very much. 




He had so many gifts. I ended up opening MOST of them. Thank you to everyone!
A few months ago.. ok fine, six months ago, I found the silly monster theme and fell in love. I realize this party was for Gun but this is the only year that he does not like anything in particular. It would be difficult to do a theme based on bath time and eating things off the ground. Oh and doggy terrorism. And so, silly monsters was found and embraced to the fullest extent of my wallet.

How precious are these cookies that Leslie made for us!?
M&Ms with Gunner's face, suckers, and monster cookies for favors!
Masks and bags for the pinata!
It was a pretty good mix of bought and homemade items. I am blessed to the surrounded by people who can create so many things. I outsourced to them and I am so very glad I did. For the amount of stuff I wanted to be decorated and the amount of people, my stress level was almost nonexistent. We rented the Community Center for $62. Serious small town benefit right there. It had plenty of space for the kids to kick balloons around. Yes, I blew up some balloons for the kids entertainment since the weather chased away my dream of a huge inflatable slide and I forgot the coloring sheets that Dusty drew.

Aunt Sis, Addison, and Gunner! 
Koen being silly! 
Kaleb wanted a green mask but we only had purple and orange! 
Leslie and Tynlee!
About 30 minutes into the party, we sang Happy Birthday to Gunner. I started to announce it and i could feel the tears coming. I got choked up as I looked at so many people who love us and our son. We are so very blessed to be surrounded by family and friends who feel like family. 

Peyton and Gunner
Diane, Gigi, Aunt Beverly, and Uncle Eddie 
Aunt Mantha and Gunner

I forgot some things but no one knew any different. Even if they did, they would not have said anything. They were too busy loving on Gunner! I wish I had got more detail shots but that just means I was living in the moment of this time, instead of hiding behind a camera. Definitely the better choice!


Cheapest entertainment!
 Gunner has never really liked sweets but all the sudden, he was all about the cake. I forgot to put his hat on him in the beginning. Typical. He made for some good pictures by the end though. 



Possibly his wild banshee scream.
We sat down to open presents and were immediately swarmed by all the kids at the party. They were much more interested in presents than Gunner. He made it through about half of them before he walked off. Poor kid does not know how good he has it!

Trying to get out already!
I LOVE this picture!
I love pinatas. I feel like they make the party. I actually started a tradition of an Easter pinata on Dusty's side of the family. And you have to put good stuff in the pinata. It is a must. We let all the little kids take a swing. Even Dusty could not bust my master pinata! 




Cross Plains Class of 2031- scary!!!
Happy birthday party to our baby boy. I cannot believe the last year has gone by so quickly. It was so much fun preparing for this day, even if it is bittersweet to think of you as a toddler now! You are such a joy to our lives. We love you Gunner Ryan!



Comments

Popular Posts