Dickson Cleaning Schedule
I hate to clean house. Very much. I constantly have evidence of this and it is called my house.
If you will remember, one of my goals for this year was to create a cleaning schedule and then stick with it on a weekly basis. I have gotten so tired of scrambling to make the house look decent right before someone comes over. We do this. Every. Single. Time. We are grown people who should be able to manage time better than we do. So… the cleaning schedule was created yesterday.
![]() |
| Borrowed from one of my former teachers. |
Don't you just love the colors? It's is almost cheerful enough that you forget it is reminding you to clean. Almost. I thought of the tasks that HAVE to be done on a normal basis. For those judgmental people who have noticed that baseboards, ceiling fans, and mopping are not on my list, just move on. I have to FORCE myself to do these things and they will not be happening on a weekly basis. Not even close. Ideally, you never turn the ceiling fan down long enough for anyone to notice the dust. Floorboards are at least 5 foot from the average adult line of sight. Problems solved. Mopping was a little more tricky in the beginning. Now, I just let Dusty do it. Another reason that a divorce would be devastating..
Let me give you a little progress report. We had people over until 9ish last night so I got a late start but I was able to get most of the stuff done. I picked up enough toys to stock Wal-Mart then swept and swiffered the Man Room (we recently decided to convert our living room to a dining room so we now all share the Man Room-Dusty was estatic understanding… he will get there). When I say I will dust every week, I mean more like once every two weeks. And when I say I will dust once every two weeks, I mean once a month. I swept and swiffered the laundry room and got all my clothes put away. I had to leave Gunner's since he was already asleep and I would only go in if I was held at gunpoint (and even then I would negotiate). I had actually finished all the laundry on Sunday so that was an easy check. I fed Hippie the Fishie and was done in about an hour.
You will notice that it says I will wash dishes and pick up the entire house every night. Right now, the other rooms of the house are past "picking up". So once I rotate through one full week, I can start picking up. I think I will get a fun new basket for this task. Maybe even make up a song, most likely a rap. I did move all the dirty dishes to the sink and rinse them out but did not load the dish washer. So that moves to the next night.
Which leads me to tonight. After work out class and dinner, I bathed Gunner and picked up his room while Dusty did the rest of the night time routine. I will for sure get the dishes done. Not sure what else will get done on my list tonight. The trash has to go out since tomorrow is pick up day. And for those of you who are thinking, you know if you did not blog you would have more time to clean. You may join the judgy ceiling fan group. Maybe y'all can have a fundraiser so I can get a housekeeper.


Comments
Post a Comment