Books 4, 5, and 6!

I am about to admit a guilty pleasure. You can judge me. I keep up with the polygamist family on TLC. Then I realized they had wrote a book so I had to read it! Becoming Sister Wives.The editing seemed to be lacking a little but maybe that was the point. It was very much like having a conversation with each of them while reading or even reading their diary. It was broken down into different topics and then each wife would discuss it. Even if it was about the children or careers, they seemed to talk about Kody a lot. Maybe I do that with Dusty and I just do not realize it. They did not seem to censor themselves as much as on the show. Or maybe that is the producers who edit it to seem more… unified. They definitely have some tension in each relationship.. which how would you not?! It was interesting to read about the earlier days when they were all first married. It truly is amazing to me that they are stuck this out this long. Bottom line, it was an interesting and quick read. 

And then I started the Divergent series… and I was SUCKED IN! I read the first book in 3 days and the second one in another 3. It is similar to Hunger Games. Teenagers so you do have to deal with all those emotions, which is slightly annoying sometimes. I was able to look past it. There are so many questions throughout that I could not stop reading. I'm assuming that Veronica Roth created the series for teenagers and while she keeps the story line void of sexual stuff, there is killing every where so tread lightly. I'm sure many schools are using it in curriculum. It is probably the only book that the students actually read. I am currently reading the third book, only 50 pages in. I have heard that is the worst book. Why do series do that to me?! Also, the movie following (probably very loosely) the first book is coming out sometime this month. I will most likely be disappointed but I do want to give it a shot at least. I think this would be great for a book club. So many things to consider and discuss. Characters and story lines and predictions. It almost makes me miss AP English! 

Does anyone have any great book suggestions? I need to start going to the library again. Nook books are starting to add up. The town I work in actually has a really great library that I use to take advantage off. I'm not sure when I got so lazy about it. Happy reading friends! 

Comments

Popular Posts