Books #24 & #25

I have fallen a bit behind on my reading goal. Essentially I would have to read a book a week to make it.. which is plausible but work has been more mentally taxing and I'm not sure I can handle more than reality TV most nights. I will get a chance to read on our flight so I could catch up. We leave for New York City in a few weeks so I have been reading books set there.

Time and Again by Jack Finney- This was a recommendation from a friend and I loved it! It is a historical fiction with a plot of time travel. There is government involvement which makes it sound even crazier I know but it was such a good book. There is a love story intertwined. It is set in the winter time which lines up perfectly with my trip. I have asked all my fellow travelers if we could swing by the apartment that he lives in for a quick photo opportunity! Definitely something to consider, even if you are not planning a trip.

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote- This short story was not at all what I was expecting! Based on the image I have of Audrey Hepburn, I was really surprised. The storyline was interesting, although a little bit of a repeat. Small town girl moves to big city to find her way, make her dreams come true. A lot of different characters too considering the length of the story. It was a quick read and I'm hoping to watch the movie before the trip. I also want to stop by Tiffany & Co. while we are on 5th Avenue.

Do you have any must reads based in New York City?

Comments

Popular Posts