Baby Miller!


As soon my cousin announced she was having a baby, I knew I wanted to help with her hometown shower (I married one of her high school friends). They decided not to find out the gender so they will have a big surprise in December. I decided a Classic Book theme would be perfect since she is an avid reader and her mom (my aunt) has volunteered at the library for years. (We have watched a home movie of Samantha when she was 3 or 4 years old in a library program!) I had so many ladies ask to help with various parts of the shower which let me be as close to stress free as possible. It was so much fun to love on the expecting mom! 

I stacked various books on a cake stand and added some alphabet blocks. My mom had found Curious George which fit in perfectly! The baby booties (crib shoes) were from Etsy. The Hungry Caterpillar is from Zulily. I even found Dr. Suess pens in the Target dollar section!
Sign in table
I was going to buy cupcakes and add some toppers since baking is not a perfection for me. One of the ladies brought this beauty that tasted yummy too!


I wanted the food and drinks to be themed as well. Harold and the Purple Crayon punch was perfect for the occasion. The momma to be is a big coffee drinker so we added that plus tea… because we are from Texas. 
Banner: Premade pendants from Hobby Lobby covered with scrapbooking paper and old book pages. 
So many fun gifts to unwrap!

Our menu included: Green (Deviled) Eggs and Hot Ham Sandwiches, Goodnight Moon Pies, Madeline French Stick Skewers, The Hungry Caterpillar Fruit Skewers, Peter Rabbit's Vegetable Patch, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie chocolate chip cookies, and Curious George Monkey Bread Cupcakes. 

Chalkboard from Hobby Lobby
We did not have any games or other traditional elements. We wanted the momma to be to have plenty of time to visit with those she had not seen recently and catch up. Before we started packing up, we prayed over the parents and the upcoming birth. We are so excited to welcome Baby Miller in December!

PS. My mom's patience amazes me.
Gunner had a special Wild Thing shirt. 

Comments

Popular Posts