July Update

I cannot believe that we are already halfway through July. This year has absolutely flown by. We have many fun events coming up. I always think some of season will be less busy and I’m not sure why. We have the RMH lunch, a Texas Tech football game, a shower for Baby Miller, our annual pumpkin party, Dusty has two races, I have one, Thanksgiving, Christmas. I’m sure I am missing something. Anyways, to keep me accountable, here is my updated list of goals for 2014.

1. Have at least one garage sale. I FINALLY met this goal. We tried once to have this and it was rainy weather. We scheduled the 12th of July, called the newspaper, and loaded up everything. (I needed a trailer for my stuff…) The newspaper put the wrong address, Gunner had bit Koen about 10 minutes in, and I had struggled with a brand new car seat. I was just done by 9:30 in the morning. My mom then tells me that last time she only cleared $40.. You know when you laugh because the other options are crying or punching something. That was me. I had got up at 5:15 for $40.. perfect. I actually cleared $60ish and got to see my family so I guess it was a success. I use this term lightly.
 
2. Run one half marathon. I signed up for a half marathon in December. Its on a resort golf course in San Antonio. It’s at night so I might be sporting a super cool headlamp. I still have to decide. It will be the opposite of the 10k Dusty and I did this weekend at Little Elm. The Texas heat was a killer. I finished although I said some bad words in my head when the winner passed me. That’s right, he was running 6 minute miles like it was his job. Oh what’s that self-esteem? Ok see you at the finish line. At least someone got to ride on the winner’s back.

3. Read 30 books. I am on target for this.. I got through spurts of reading and spurts of watching crime shows on tv. I typically dream about either one so books are better for me. I did dream I was part of a jail bust last night because I may have watched more than a few minutes of a Murder She Wrote.
4. Get a passport. I might make Dusty take me on a date for this one. Then my hair would be fixed at least.

5. Blog once a week. Oh man, this has been put on the back burner. I am trying to get back into it. I am not going to look at it by quarter but only on a yearly basis so I can give myself time to catch up.

6. Pay off at least two debts. We are really close on one. I did close out a store credit card I had.. I’m not sure if that counts.
 
7. Create a cleaning schedule for the house… and stick with it. This has become way worst in just these 7 months. Gunner has become taller and more mobile. Nothing too close to the counter edge because he figured out tip toes. I'm grateful that he is curious and learning new things but I feel like I clean up the same stuff every. single. day.

8. Do a family tree. We created accounts on Ancestry and found a lot of information. I just need to decide if I want to display it by book, or dishes, or what.. any ideas?
 
9. Get my second tattoo. Maybe for my birthday?

10. Cook a full Thanksgiving dinner! This one might be more daunting than the half marathon. I need to get serious about my menu so I can try the items at least once beforehand but time keeps getting away from me. Obviously there will be  a turkey. I was thinking a mashed potato bar but then I have to think rein yourself in Jaimie.. I need find a recipe for Apple Dumplings that I am trying out this weekend. Possibly a baby shower item or pumpkin carving party plus a Thanksgiving item. There are crescent rolls and two sticks of butter involved…  Yummy!

So to total things up for you:
Number of goals completed: One… ouch
Number of goals started but not completed: Five
Number of goals not even started: Four
I think this quarter I will focus on the passport, tattoo, and family tree.

Comments

Popular Posts