Books
I got on a real reading kick in June. During these times, I choose reading over TV, cleaning, even sleeping. Something I really should not do because I am miserable the next day. So here are my reviews of the last three books I read.
16.The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: A Novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows- This book was written in letter form so it took me awhile to get into it. It also took me awhile to keep everyone straight in my mind. There was a lot going on at the beginning of the book but I was so glad I stuck with it. It is based on the reconstructive time right after World War II in England, mostly Guernsey Island. Several people are relaying accounts of what the war was like on the island, the tradegies and triumphs. It was a quick read as the letters left plenty of empty space on pages. I would suggest this book. Its not a light read but its not as grusome as some of the other WWII stuff I have read.
17. The Chili Queen by Sandra Dallas- The librarian recommended this book to me. It was better than some of the other Dallas books I have read. It is based on a whore house back in the Wild West times. It definitely had some twists and turns to it. I wouldn't not recommend this book but its didn't make my favorites list.
18. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler- This is my new favorite book. I stayed up until 2:00 AM one weekend night. I finished the book sobbing. I think told Dusty about the book and cried like I knew these people. I was way past ugly cry. This was stuffy head for days cry. It alternates between present day and different phases of Isabelle's life. A love story and pretty much the definition of life isn't fair. Please read this book at some point. You will not regret it.
16.The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society: A Novel by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows- This book was written in letter form so it took me awhile to get into it. It also took me awhile to keep everyone straight in my mind. There was a lot going on at the beginning of the book but I was so glad I stuck with it. It is based on the reconstructive time right after World War II in England, mostly Guernsey Island. Several people are relaying accounts of what the war was like on the island, the tradegies and triumphs. It was a quick read as the letters left plenty of empty space on pages. I would suggest this book. Its not a light read but its not as grusome as some of the other WWII stuff I have read.
17. The Chili Queen by Sandra Dallas- The librarian recommended this book to me. It was better than some of the other Dallas books I have read. It is based on a whore house back in the Wild West times. It definitely had some twists and turns to it. I wouldn't not recommend this book but its didn't make my favorites list.
18. Calling Me Home by Julie Kibler- This is my new favorite book. I stayed up until 2:00 AM one weekend night. I finished the book sobbing. I think told Dusty about the book and cried like I knew these people. I was way past ugly cry. This was stuffy head for days cry. It alternates between present day and different phases of Isabelle's life. A love story and pretty much the definition of life isn't fair. Please read this book at some point. You will not regret it.
Comments
Post a Comment