Books #1 & #2 of 2015
Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand- I had seen this book at all the newsstands at the airport in December but it really did not appeal to me at first blush. I am so glad I reconsidered this book. It was such an easy and interesting read. I had to force myself to go to bed many nights. There are so many details that made it feel so recent and real. It is hard to believe that this book is non fiction but it makes me want to research Louie and others that fought in the Pacific. I must admit that I had focused way more on the Europe stage of WWII, not even realizing how involved Japan truly was. I highly recommend this book with the forewarning that weak stomachs beware..there were truly gross and gruesome parts. I do plan on seeing the movie as well.
If I Stay by Gayle Forman- This was a very quick read. Only 200 or so pages and small pages at that. I finished in 2 days. For the subject being so serious, it had really funny parts. I would recommend this book, with the acknowledgement that the content may be a lot for younger kids. It raises questions though that make you really evaluate yourself. Well written but definitely in a teenage language. The librarian said she did not care for the second one so I'm skipping it. This one is also a movie but definitely a chick flick… which means that I have wait until Dish has it.
Comments
Post a Comment