2015 Goals!


This year has so much potential for us. We are on the same page for goals for ourselves and our family. So happy to start this year and make 2014 our learning lessons. 

1.     Herb garden- Now technically Dusty is not on board with this one as he thinks I will kill everything several weeks in. Really I just want lots of cilantro but feel like I need a more diversified garden.. that way if one plant dies I can move that love to the others. I truly have not a clue when to buy and what to buy and where to buy. IKEA makes it look so cute though. I just can’t wait!

2.     Read 35 books- Now this seems fairly daunting considering I did not make my 30 book quota this year but I want to do more. There are so many great books out there, it is just a matter of getting them. I am going to try my best to check them out from the library with the occasional Nook purchase. I always love recommendations!

3.     Log 500 miles (biking, walking, jogging)- This is just less than 1.5 miles daily. Biking would be easy peasy. Walking and jogging will take a little bit longer but I want to show Gunner a healthy lifestyle. I have not done that in the past and now is the time to change that.

4.     Pay off at least 2 debts- We are starting the envelope system and the snowball paydown system for this year. We hope to really knock out quite a bit of debt. It will be so wonderful to worry less about this.

5.     Cook one new recipe a week- When we first got married, I loved trying new recipes and Dusty loved acting like he enjoyed them. I will be looking for health conscience recipes with the occasional sweet treat. Hopefully I will blog about them because no one loves pinterest fails as much as me!

6.     Learn to knit or crochet- I have wanted to do this for years. I might start with the arm knitting/crocheting. I have seen some fun scarves and blankets that could be great gifts. Surely I can complete this goal by Christmas. Ha.

7.     Blog once a week- Roll over from last year but I truly enjoyed this goal. It gives me an outlet for stuff that I sometimes try to keep inside. I do not know if anyone likes anything that I write but its cheap therapy.

8.     Get Gunner potty trained- Gunner enjoys peeing outside and in the bathtub. You just pick him up to put him on the potty and he starts to cry. Any potty for that matter: little one, the ring on top of the big potty, sitting backwards on a big potty. Not paying for diapers will help with goal #4.

9.     Use coupons without hoarding- I do not want to sit on 50 tubes of toothpaste but I would like to save us some money. I will need to do some reading on this as well and research what stores allow what coupons. I will have to evaluate the time spent to money saved but I feel like it would be a positive thing for our family.

10.  Set up a will- Having a will in place was never a high priority to us. And then we had Gunner. Its not going to be fun but I want to make sure our wishes are carried out.

11.   Complete a Spartan sprint- Dusty signed me up for this when I told him I would think about it. The distance is 3+ miles which seems short compared to the half marathon. I worry about the obstacles, there at least 12 if I am remembering correctly. They range in difficulty but all unfinished obstacles mean 30 burpees. It could be a long day.

12.   Meal plan- Meal planning should help with several things: saving money and saving time during the evening. I’m hoping to find one day, probably Sunday, to choose our menu and then shop for the next two weeks. I would love to avoid all the little trips I make to the store sometimes daily.

13.   Get a passport- This goal is from 2014. We have no plans to go anywhere that would warrant one but it opens our vacation door for sure.

14.   Get my second tattoo- This goal is from 2014 also. I was supposed to go for my birthday and never got around to it. We typically take Gunner to Abilene with us and apparently taking a child to a tattoo parlor is not allowed.

15.   Monthly dates with Dusty and/or Gunner- For Christmas 2014, we did not exchange gifts to open. We decided to come up with six date ideas for the next year. I got the odd months and Dusty got the even. I will post our ideas (subject to change!) in a separate post. It should be fun!

More goals, more motivation, more memories! 

Comments

Popular Posts