Night Circus- Book #3
I read Night Circus by Erin Morganstern based on a suggestion by a friend. It is about a duel of the magical kind. Their arena is a circus that only opens at night. I will be honest. It took me about 150 pages to get into this book and here is why: it is all detail. You read and read and read about random events to build up to the last 100 pages or so. I hate detail. I am a detail skimmer. I do not imagine what people or places look like. I don't know why. So the book is random stories of details and then does a super quick wrap up. Meh. It was good at the end and it made me think how cool it would be to see. If I had not spent nearly $13 on it, I might have stopped halfway through. My friend loved it and would probably disagree with my opinion. However, it is going to be a movie and I think it will be fantastic. If they show it at a IMAX, it would be almost overwhelming. And I know my husband would love it. He watched the Harry Potter series in one weekend.
I have started a book written by the Kody Brown family. They talk about different aspects of their marriages. It is super easy to read thus far. More details to come!
Comments
Post a Comment