Books #22 & #23
Apparently I have had the theme of dysfunctional mother daughter relationships lately. Both books were good though!
22. Looking for Me by Beth Hoffman- Recently, I have been reading the books in the “new” section of the public library. I was purchasing books for my nook but that was adding up pretty quickly. Even though they are free, it forces me to read outside of my normal genre. This book had a few flashbacks but it was only over the lifetime of the voice. It had a decent story line and was an easy read. It talked about antiques throughout the book. I love vintage but I do not appreciate antiques like the book would want me to. All in all, good read.
23. Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum- This was suggested to me by a friend at work. It is her all time favorite book. It didn’t hurt that she read it while in Europe and ate some of the same pastries that the book talks about. I should also make the point that I read it in Cross Plains, Texas and it was still amazing. The book is separated into sections, some parts set in Germany during World War II and some set in present day in the United States (Minnesota I believe). It tells the story of the war from the point of view of a German woman, which is completely different than anything I have ever read before. The present day point of view is of the daughter who does not understand her mother and has no idea the secrets that she carries. I stayed up late for this book. It makes you consider relationships on a new level. I would absolutely recommend this to others.
Comments
Post a Comment