That's what she said: Lauren

Over my twenty six years on this earth, I have met some incredible ladies. Ladies that I look up to, ladies that have saved me in one way or another, ladies that make me laugh, ladies that pray for me. I am the person I am because of these people. There are men as well but then I couldn't use "That's what she said". These people are too good not to share so I will be doing "friend posts". I know you will love them as much as I do. 
 
Meet Lauren. She is one of my newly acquired Godley people.

She puts on an amazing golf tournament by the way!
I have technically spent about an hour in real life with her.  Since then, we have kept up through texting and Facebook. She is a few years ahead of this "raising boys" journey and tells me how exhaustively wonderful it is. Lauren also claims to be super cheap. She doesn't even use the word frugal. Straight up cheap. It is one of the reasons I have pestered her into a friendship. 
 
She has recently turned the big 3-0 and shared a daily dose of wisdom on her Facebook wall. (Edited: She had intentions of posting everyday…turns out it was more like 26 but I will take that!) I asked her if I could share them on my blog and she said yes. She's good stuff people. 

I thought in celebration of my 30th birthday on the 30th I'd post something everyday I've learned in my 29 and 335 days of my life! LOL! (May 30th)
#1 Our Lord provides even when we don't think! He listens even when we don't think! He's there even when we don't think! He's shown me a lot in this past year and I've learned to lean on him!! Praise The Lord! 
 
Day #2- pushing the snooze every 9 minutes doesn't make it any easier to get out of bed! I'm so bad that I set my alarm 30min before I really have to get up so that I can push snooze 3 times....IT DOESN'T MAKE IT EASIER!!! This is something I need to work on LOL 
Day#3 I've learned that my tiny family are my #1 in my life. Before getting married or having my boys I always dreamed and prayed for what I have today. Yes there are days where I wanna scream or even cry in frustration but 100% of the time I am infatuated with all 3 of my boys! They are my PURPOSE!

Dreamy enough for you?!
Day#4 I have learned that the older I get the more I wanna sleep in the more it never happens. My eternal alarm is at 7am! 
But it's a good time for some alone time with my good friend Mr Keurig and my favorite kinda coffee!
 
Day#5 I've learned that saying "no" is a challenge for me. I've also learned that it's okay to say it. It doesn't kill me when I do! 
Now grant it I don't say it often and when I do I don't like it but sometimes juggling to many things at once you just have to! 
HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!!
 
Day#6 I've learned you should always surround yourself with positive people. People that cheer you on, people that pray for you, people that listen and might want to give their opinions but wait until you ask for it! When you surround yourself with these type of friends you see just how fun life can be!! Love each and everyone of my friends! XOXO
 
Day#7 I've learned that I'm the type of person who wants something to happen right now, right this second. I have learned the good Lord has a plan for each of us and my way of thinking is not correct! It might take a hour, a day, a year, or several years but it's all in his time! Patience and trust is something I work on daily!

 
Day#8 I've learned that I HATE to drive now! I remember being 16 and wanting to drive everywhere and now almost 30 I hate it! If you think about how much time you spend in a car in our daily lives it's sad! Oh well off to take Landon to school
 
Day#9 I've learned that I love helping other but HATE asking for help! It's a flaw that gets me stressed!! I should really work on this....
Day#10 I've learned that life isn't always sunshine and rainbows but we can make it through to those things! Happy Saturday!
 
Day#11 I've learned that it takes more than one to raise a child. I'm blessed beyond belief to have so many hands helping us raise our boys!! I couldn't ask for a better group of mommy friends to let me bounce ideas, to special moments with, or even share their own babies with me! Being a mommy is my nĂºmero uno job and I couldn't ask for a better one!! Happy Mother's Day!! XOXO

I chose this picture because you can see her reflection between her boys. :)
Day#12 I've learned coffee is essential in my everyday life! Growing up my Mamaw and Pawpaw would drink a pot of coffee and I always thought it was so strange but the older I get the more I see it's just a way of life! Love me some coffee!! (Grant's Mother's Day gift to me)

And because having two precious boys wasn't enough,
she has this adorable cow mug too!
Day#13 I've learned that laundry is my nemesis!! It gets all done then the next day piles up!! Why hasn't someone invented a dryer that folds the clothes after??
 
Day#14 I've learned if you don't succeed at something try and try again! Never give up on what you want in life and if that doesn't work out then try it a different way. The Lord has our backs! XOXO


Day#15(halfway there) I've learned that allowing people in our lives that hurt us time and time again or hurt our spirit are people we DON'T need in our lives at all!! It's hard at times to do just this but once you do it shines a new light on your life!!


Day#16 I've learned that I do just this on almost a daily basis...to bad I never make it to the gym LOL!
 
 
Day#17 I've learned I loved trade fairs!! Beautiful weather to walk and window shop!!
Day#18 I'm still learning to live in a moment and take things day by day. I always like to think in future terms but need a reminder that today could be our last...only our Lord knows that! Happy Sunday!!
 
Day#19 I've learned negativity breeds negativity. It's something that I don't realize is happening until after the fact. It another thing I need to work on.
 
Day#20 this is something I learned some time ago… Not sure who shared this last night but it spoke volumes!

 
Day#22 I've learned I HATE having my picture taken!! Case and point I had to get my license renewed this morning (which always come out horrible) and right before I took it he asked what I weighed!! So now I'm pretty sure I'm making a shocked face!! Thanks DMV for probably the worst picture I've ever taken in my life!! 
 
Day#23 I've learned that even if I'm a "stay at home mom" I still can't wait for Friday's!!! I  TGIF!!
Day#25 I've learned I say easily forgive and forget but that's so not easy for me. Is it even forgiving fully if you remember every time you see that person or hear the persons voice? I need to work on this lesson in a BIG way!!! The Lord forgives us and we should forgive others....
Happy Sunday!!
 
Day#28 I've learned people can be so crude but really it's jealousy!! Our mothers all told us people who talk about us just want the attention on them or they're jealous us you... Well I believe it 100% as an adult!!
Day29 I've learned I have an amazing support system! I have by far the BEST husband a girl could ask for, the BEST family any ever could only wish to have, and the BEST group of friends!! It's comforting to know that when situations get hard you have people that stand behind you and pick you up! I couldn't have even dreamt this support system would even exist!!
Thank you all for your endless love and support!! I hope that I could even begin to have your back as much as you have mine!
Love you all XOXO

Day#30 reflecting on this last 30 days I can honestly say I am one blessed lady!! I've learned a lot over my adult years and can only imagine how great the next 30 will be! 
Thanks everyone for hanging with me 30day challenge XOXO

Happy birthday sweet friend! Your love for God, family, and friends is such a blessing to others. Now go buy you something nice for your birthday… but nothing too expensive!

Comments

Popular Posts