Book Update
Gone Girl by Gilligan Flynn- Holy cow. If you want to take a simple way to test if you are a crazy person, read this book. You will either think the characters are nuts and hope to never meet anyone like them or love them. It was definitely intriguing. I did not see some of the things coming. Definitely an adult book. It was dark but it had me thinking for days about it. Maybe I am one of the crazies.
The Aviator's Wife: A Novel by Melanie Benjamin- I loved this book so much! It is based on the life of Anne Lindbergh. I loved it so much that it made me research her more once I was done. She was pulled in so many directions by her husband, her family, society, and her own feelings. Spoiler alert but most people already know, her first born son was kidnapped from their home. It made me sick to my stomach. The author did a spectacular job making you sympathize with Anne. I could go on and on about the book. If you like historical fiction, read this book. If you like reading about empowered women, read this book. Just read this book.
The Bride House by Sandra Dallas- This was.. interesting. It spans three generations growing up in the house. I felt like some parts were left unfinished. It was a fast read. I do not think I could recommend this to young adults. Actually, I know I could not. It is definitely something that is relatable but I found it hard to like some of the main characters. And I hate that after spending so much time on them. I did like her Prayer's for Sale book if I remember correctly.
And so I am ahead of schedule on my reading goal. 15 books of my 30 for 2014!
The Aviator's Wife: A Novel by Melanie Benjamin- I loved this book so much! It is based on the life of Anne Lindbergh. I loved it so much that it made me research her more once I was done. She was pulled in so many directions by her husband, her family, society, and her own feelings. Spoiler alert but most people already know, her first born son was kidnapped from their home. It made me sick to my stomach. The author did a spectacular job making you sympathize with Anne. I could go on and on about the book. If you like historical fiction, read this book. If you like reading about empowered women, read this book. Just read this book.
The Bride House by Sandra Dallas- This was.. interesting. It spans three generations growing up in the house. I felt like some parts were left unfinished. It was a fast read. I do not think I could recommend this to young adults. Actually, I know I could not. It is definitely something that is relatable but I found it hard to like some of the main characters. And I hate that after spending so much time on them. I did like her Prayer's for Sale book if I remember correctly.
And so I am ahead of schedule on my reading goal. 15 books of my 30 for 2014!
Comments
Post a Comment