Book nerds unite!

I have finished my first book of 2014! The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro. It is a historical fiction novel (my favvvvvvorite genre!). Set in the 1920s and 1950s in Europe, it follows two ladies through their journeys of what society says they should be or who they want to be. There was some French thrown in but just small phrases. Not young teen appropriate but it was good enough that I kept thinking about it days later. What ifs and such. That means a good book for me people. Unfortunately, it cannot be borrowed on the Nook but I would say it was worth the $2.99.

My 2013 March Bumpies group on Facebook is reading a book together and having a discussion. My very own book club! It will be like AP English minus people making fun of me for having a turquoise puffer jacket. Our first book is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I will be honest, I am nervous about this book. From what I can tell, one of the main characters has cancer. Ugh. I will most likely cry through the entire thing.. and then for days after. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts